This Pandemic has been everything but straight forward and easy. However, as we plan to reopen our doors and gather together in person once again, we trust the Lord has continued to work, and our zeal for coming together in the Gospel has been renewed like never before! Through prayer, ongoing consultation with medical professionals, the shared feedback of other churches in our area, and your feedback in our church survey, we have developed a plan that allows us to meet together again as safely and as responsibly as possible. The detailed plan is below, and we cannot wait to see you again! Note that some of these steps are subject to change in response to new developments of COVID19, and we will continue to share updates as needed. Finally, if you aren't comfortable in returning to church, that's okay! We have begun live streaming our sermons through Facebook every Sunday around 9:45am until you and/or your family are ready to join us!
Updated December 1st, 2020
Phase 1: Current Function
- Service begins at 9:30am and our time will be reduced to about 60 minutes.
- The sermon will begin being live streamed around 9:45am for those who are not ready to gather.
- Social Distancing (6+ feet) will be required and applied in seating arrangement (50% max. capacity).
- Masks are NOW REQUIRED during Sunday's Service. We encourage your cooperation in this as we keep those in our community who are unable to wear masks in mind (those with medical conditions and children under 5). A limited number of individually wrapped masks will be available.
- No fellowship portion of our service until further notice.
- We will make communion available once a month for those ready to participate. Communion is now individually, prepackaged and available upon entry before service.
- Olivet Kids is NOW OPEN on Sunday mornings. Children are welcome to still participate with their family during service, but children ages 3-12 are able to meet in our large multipurpose classroom when dismissed following musical worship. We are requiring masks for our teachers and volunteers, as well as every participating child. See our policy and waiver here. Please remember, we do not see children as a distraction, but a welcomed participant in the church, learning from parents and sharing in worship. If you have questions or concerns about your participation with your children, contact Jenni at: email@example.com.
- Our family room is available if needed at any point in the service by families with young children. Disinfecting procedures continue to be in place.
- Weather permitting, we will open windows and doors for maximized air flow.
- Announcements will run digitally before service to eliminate handouts.
- We recommend times of extended fellowship before and after service.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of pews, bathrooms, door knobs, stair railings, etc. before reopening each Sunday.
- Finally, we must ask that if you have had any symptoms relating to COVID19, (fever, coughing, etc.,) please stay home and participate with us online.
- We will maintain a shortened service, with potential of hospitality and fellowship time.
- Return to regular seating in worship service.
- Olivet Kids will be open with conditions and disinfecting procedures will continue being practiced.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Continued cleaning and disinfecting of pews, bathrooms, door knobs, stair railings, etc.
- Return to normal length, live, in-person services. Recorded sermons will continue to be available on our website.
- Communion continues weekly.
- Complete reestablishment of hospitality and fellowship time.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding our reopening plan, email us here!
In this difficult season of social distancing, we've prepared a new, 14-day video devotional series! We pray this series speaks life into your heart and soul, and allows you to see Jesus in this hurting season and assists in keeping our community connected. A new video will be available each day, and reflection questions are listed below each video to consider.